The General English course is for students who want to improve their English but are not planning to study at university.
The General English course teaches students about everyday English for a range of different real-life situations, including travelling, socialising, working, or just generally living in an English-speaking country.
Classes in the General English course often include excursions and opportunities to practice English outside of the classroom. It’s also a great way to learn more about Australian culture and society.
Each level normally takes 10 weeks to complete but can, depending on students’ grades, be completed in 5 weeks. Completion is based on exit exams and assignments at the end of the level.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Elementary – under IELTS 4.0 or equivalent
- Pre-intermediate – IELTS 4.0-4.5 or equivalent
- Intermediate – IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Upper-intermediate – IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Advanced – IELTS 6.0 and above or equivalent
- Students without external test results will be placed in the General English programme based on the IELI placement test.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Short Courses and Summer Schools
- Duration: 11 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 18000 AUD
Application Fee: N/A