English and History BA (Hons)
Explore how literature and history have shaped our culture and society. You’re taught by literary experts and historians working in the field and taught to produce your own critical and creative response to the world.
We offer a bold, forward-thinking curriculum that allows you to study a thousand years of literature in new and progressive ways. We encourage you to experiment with writing and understand its ability to transform the world we live in. You will be taught by engaged and passionate tutors who will guide you through each year of your degree.
You’ll engage with historical evidence of international interest in our special collections. These include the papers of Virginia Woolf and Rudyard Kipling, and the Mass Observation Archive, housed at The Keep, a state-of-the-art archive conservation building located next to the Sussex campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 32 - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- American Studies and Politics (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Philosophy and English BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English Language and Literature (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English Language and Literature BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English Language and Linguistics (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English Language and Linguistics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex