Ecological Economics MSc
From the biodiversity crisis to the climate crisis, to the question of managing economies during a global pandemic - the topic of sustainability has never been more pressing.
The MSc Ecological Economics prepares you to contribute to solving sustainability problems by focusing on the intersection between the environment, the economy and economic decision-making. The programme aims to equip you with a new way of seeing the world, and to empower you to analyse how the economy and economic decisions affect our ability to progress towards a more sustainable future.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the MSc Ecological Economics have historically been in high demand.
Our graduates are working in a variety of sectors, including:
- environmental consultancies
- international and governmental agencies
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- financial institutions
- environmental education and research
Additionally, around a quarter of our Masters students eventually go on to doctoral research programmes.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent.
We may also consider a UK 2:2 honours degree, or its international equivalent, with appropriate work experience.
Applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds are welcome to apply, but all students will be expected to engage critically with economic and environmental concepts, and will also be asked to engage in both quantitative and qualitative analysis. Students whose undergraduate degrees have not addressed one or more these areas should highlight in their applications their abilities to learn and to engage with these subject areas.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- MA Accounting and Finance at The University of Edinburgh
- MBA at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh