American Literature and Culture MA
Explore American culture through its diverse literature and through related media including drama, film and photography.
This course allows you to examine one of the most influential cultures in history through its literature and other creative outputs, while also gaining an in-depth understanding of issues relating to American studies.
With optional modules spanning the 19th century to the present day, you’ll enhance your understanding of each item you study by situating it in its wider social context.
Our teaching and research examine American culture from a wide variety of perspectives, including literary culture, masculinity and gender, globalisation, Jewish narratives and African-American writing.
You’ll have opportunities to delve into areas of personal interest, and explore a chosen subject in greater detail through an independent research project.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Film Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Performance Design MA at University of Leeds
- High-Performance Graphics and Games Engineering MSc at University of Leeds
- Geographical Information Systems MSc at University of Leeds
- Digital Communications Networks MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds
- Communications and Signal Processing MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds