Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)
Be in demand to play a key role in developing a society based on social justice, and in alleviating disadvantage.
As a qualified social worker, you'll have a commitment to the well-being of society and be highly skilled to intervene with and support individuals, families, groups and communities to achieve equitable access to opportunities and resources.
You'll have the skills to stimulate action to change the social circumstances of individuals and groups who are socially excluded. You'll also work to reduce personal pain and distress and provide direction for individual development and control over life situations.
UQ lets you forge your own path in social work, undergoing foundation and advanced practice in the areas of health and ageing, children, youth and families, and mental health. Your focused learning, research and placement opportunities will be combined with core knowledge and skills in social work, social policy and research. You'll learn from award-winning educators about the law, human development, professional ethics and the principles and ideas that guide social workers.
You'll also undertake 1000 hours of supervised placement in a range of clinical settings, including hospitals and a variety of public and private agencies. Plus you may complete a rural, interstate or international placement in your final year.
- Build on common social work education foundations and develop your understanding and skills as you progress through the program, undertaking increasingly complex social work tasks
- Acquire valuable research skills to inform policy and practice decisions.
- Work with families and communities to address social issues and problems through interpersonal, community and policy solutions.
- Benefit from innovative learning methods that simulate real client encounters and learn appropriate responses to any situation
- Graduate job-ready, and qualified to excel in this rapidly growing field.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Child, Youth and Family
- Health and Ageing
- Mental Health
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Youth counsellor
- Child welfare worker
- Family therapist
- Community worker
- Social worker
- Social and welfare services planner
- Disability advocate
- Disability support worker
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 085539F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelors of Arts / Education (Secondary) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) at The University of Queensland