Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning
Graduate confident and well-prepared for work, with skills gained through a program designed in consultation with industry to provide you with the ideal balance of theoretical content and practical experience.
The Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning is designed for recent graduates in any field, and for established professionals who wish to extend their skills and expertise. It will also help provide a preparation for entry into a masters program.
For your half year of full-time studies, you'll select from more than 20 courses providing you with a high level of specialised knowledge together with valuable skills associated with your selected areas of study.
Graduates from UQ's Urban and Regional Planning program are sought after by employers for their ability to make environmentally, socially and economically sustainable decisions, and can expect to find employment in a variety of roles in both public and private sectors.
- Learn from Australia’s best planning practitioners in a program recognised by employers as delivering high-quality, job-ready graduates.
- Tailor your program to match your career goals through practical and flexible elective courses.
- Benefit from collaborative learning spaces, such as the $1.5 million Planning Studio, that allow you to integrate maps, plans and computers while working together as a group and with external bodies to address real planning challenges.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Urban and regional planner
- Strategic land use coordinator
- Development assessment officer
- Spatial planner
- Urban design coordinator
- Heritage conservation officer
- Social planner
- Commercial and industrial development officer
- Tourism consultant
- Regional development officer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or
- 2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
- Course Code: 025968D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate Writing, Editing and Publishing at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Music at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Interaction Design at The University of Queensland