Bachelor of Health Science (Honours)
This program allows students to further develop research and presentation skills in a supervised setting, adding to the collection of evidence supporting the undergraduate programs available within Health Science.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Current and in-depth knowledge of a chosen field of health science
- A demonstrated ability to apply research methodologies and theories relevant to a field within health sciences.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and analyse complex problems within health sciences and develop solutions to these problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to perform in a socially responsible manner, to communicate complex concepts effectively, and to engage in life-long learning.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science, Bachelor of Oral Health, Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy, Bachelor of Podiatry or other program of equivalent content with a GPA of 5.0 or higher and standing as approved by the PVC of Health and Medicine.
Applicants who have completed the 4 year programs in Medical Radiation Science, Nutrition and Dietetics, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy to the required standard but who have not undertaken an embedded Honours stream with a research project, are able to apply for entry to this program. Application is made direct to the Faculty of Health and Medicine.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 095697J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle