Economics (with a professional placement year) BA (Hons)
You focus on the practice of economics and policy-making to understand issues such as trade, labour markets, education, migration, poverty, development and health. By studying the principles of economics at microeconomic and macroeconomic levels, you learn how to analyse real-world issues and events.
You study issues such as international trade, global imbalances and the financial crisis, building your understanding of applied statistical techniques and their application to economic questions. Then you build your expertise by choosing from a range of specialist options including education economics, behavioural economics, financial economics or development economics. You will gain important quantitative skills through studying mathematical economics and statistics.
On the Economics BA you can choose to spend time exploring and studying different disciplines alongside your Economics degree, and you have the opportunity to apply for a year in industry and put your knowledge into practice.
Our flexible degree means you can tailor it to your career path, whether you want to work in banking and finance, private companies, the civil service, or international organisations.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 32 - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Economics and Politics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics and International Relations BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Design and Business (with a foundation year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex