Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science (Honours)
Advance your knowledge of exercise and sports science by undertaking an honors degree at Deakin.
Designed for students with a strong undergraduate academic record, the honors year combines coursework and an original piece of research under the guidance of a supervisor. You will gain an understanding of research methods and design as well as experience in project planning and implementation.
Graduates may apply to enter masters and Ph.D. by research programs.
Examples of previous honors research pieces include:
- How does the physical activity in childhood improve the adult heart?
- Can we monitor firefighters' fatigue on the job in the same way we monitor our athletes?
- Influence of game characteristics on decision making in AFL umpires
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
At Deakin’s Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, you are surrounded by expansive grounds and impressive new buildings. It offers state-of-the-art engineering, medical and sport facilities, as well as some of the most advanced research spaces in the world. The campus also features incredible sporting facilities, including Deakin’s Elite Sport Precinct, which includes an Australian rules football oval, FIFA-grade soccer pitch, athletics track, basketball courts, and more.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course provides four credit points of research training and four credit points of the applied research project, therefore directly fostering the skills and capabilities required for progression to higher degrees by research and then to roles involving research in industry or academia. For students not wishing to pursue a research-focused career pathway, the course equips them with research project management, problem-solving, critical appraisal, and high-quality communication skills to assist with employability in a range of health or other sectors.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII) 65%
The minimum entry into this course is:
- A Bachelor Degree or major in a related discipline with a WAM of at least 65 in all level 3 and level 4 units (for Deakin awards) or final year units (for awards from other providers)
- Other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 062176G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Marine Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Forensic Science/Bachelor of Criminology at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Deakin University