Bachelors of Mathematics / Commerce
Gain a focused background in commerce and the in-depth knowledge of a mathematics program with this dual degree.
This dual degree combines the business skills and acumen of a Bachelor of Commerce with the analytical and quantitative abilities of a Bachelor of Mathematics in a single four-year program.
Your compulsory commerce courses will build a solid foundation of business skills that you'll apply to the challenges of the contemporary business environment. In the mathematics component, you'll develop either a comprehensive knowledge in a single field of mathematics, or a high level of sophistication in the applications of mathematics.
Modern computation, advances in scientific technology and the increasing production of data have all increased the scope for applications of mathematics. Graduates with high-level quantitative and analytic skills, augmented with practical commerce training, play a key role at the forefront of new developments in fields from engineering and the physical sciences to economics, information technology, molecular biology, accounting, business information systems, and finance.
- Develop specialised knowledge in one mathematics field or an understanding of mathematics applications in general.
- Build the skills you'll need to tackle business decisions and issues.
- Graduate with high-level quantitative and analytic abilities that will help you thrive in a range of fields.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Applied Mathematics
- Business Information Systems
- Data Analytics and Operations Research
- Mathematical Physics
- Pure Mathematics
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088349K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland