Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies (Hispanic Studies) MScR
A Masters by Research (MScR) programme is ideal if you have a clear idea of the independent research you wish to undertake at masters level. We specialise in the major areas of Spanish, Spanish-American and Portuguese literary and cultural studies, including Brazil and Lusophone Africa.
The Masters by Research is often a good stepping stone to a PhD, but equally it is of value as a stand-alone qualification. It allows you to be part of the wider taught Masters community, whilst specialising in what most interests you right from the beginning of the programme.
Spanish was formally added to the University’s curriculum in 1919 and, in the century since, has developed into one of the best-established subject areas of its kind in the UK, with teaching and research in Portuguese, Basque, Catalan, Latin American, Portuguese and Spanish studies.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You should have near-native speaker competence in the relevant language(s).
MScR: A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a related subject.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Translation Studies MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Speech and Language Processing MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Russian MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Mind, Language and Embodied Cognition MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Linguistics MSc at The University of Edinburgh