Master of Philosophy (Education)
Designed for those who are embarking on postgraduate studies for the first time, this Master's degree provides the academic skills needed to research and write a major thesis, along with the on-going support of a university-based supervisor. Our staff will work with you to help identify and refine a research proposal and also provide constant mentorship. The program is open to any candidates with an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
Do you want to take your career to the next level? If so, you should consider a Master of Philosophy (Education) from The University of Notre Dame Australia. This postgraduate research degree includes coursework and a substantial research component culminating in the submission of a thesis. You may undertake the course in either a full-time or a part-time capacity; the standard time for completion is usually 18 months for a full-time student and three years for a part-time student.
Coursework consists of four compulsory research training courses (Quantitative Research Methods, Qualitative Research Methods, Scholarly Reading and Writing and Developing a Research Proposal) which are a prerequisite to your own research project. These courses will provide opportunities for you to formulate substantial elements of your planned research project and to develop necessary skills in critical analysis and scholarly writing.
You will be given as much flexibility as possible to complete the course work component of this degree. However, an average grade standard of Credit must be achieved in the coursework as a prerequisite for proceeding to the research component. In terms of academic guidance, you will be assigned University-based supervisors who will provide support throughout the coursework and research components of the degree.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Science (Arts & Sciences) (Master by research) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Physiotherapy) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Philosophy & Theology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Nursing) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Medicine) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Philosophy (Law) at The University of Notre Dame Australia