This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Graduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing
This course provides registered nurses with the knowledge and skills for a specialist role as an advanced nurse at a graduate diploma level. Students can tailor the diploma to their area of specialty or role. There is a large selection of elective subjects that encompass the areas of clinical, chronic and complex care (ageing and palliation); primary health care; education; management; and research.
This course is designed so that students can tailor their subject choices to meet their individual needs. The knowledge, skills and expertise gained enable students to enhance the quality of care for patients and their families. Students develop skills to actively contribute to the professional development of others and use evidence to make informed decisions about nursing practice. Highly respected by employers and clinicians alike, this course develops a variety of career options.
Offer intake to Graduate Diploma in Nursing for international student with no sub major option CBK90509 Electives (Nursing PG) ONLY
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include leadership positions in advanced roles, e.g. clinical, chronic and complex care (ageing and palliation), primary health care, education, management, research, clinical nurse specialist or consultant, nursing management, complex case management, nursing education, and aged care.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognized bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must have:
- Current registration as a nurse, with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Registration will be confirmed via the National Register of Practitioners.
- In some cases, applicants must have concurrent employment in the specific specialty clinical area of study and one year of full time post-registration clinical experience. Suitability for enrolment will be determined by the Course Coordinator.
International applicants must be a registered nurse in their own country, or place of residence, and hold a current Authority to Practise. International applicants must also have at least one year of full time post-registration clinical experience.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 000360J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate in Mathematics at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Speech and Language Sciences at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Genetic Counselling at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Science at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)