Graduate Certificate in Economic Studies
Invest in your career success with future-focused study that provides you with the analytical and decision-making skills sought after by employers in today’s job market.
Higher level study in economics at UQ will develop your analytical ability, critical thinking and logic – all key decision-making skills that can contribute to greater career outcomes. If you don't have economics training and want to explore the possibilities in this field, this certificate is your pathway.
UQ's programs are influenced by the latest economic research and taught by world-class academic staff, so you can be sure you'll receive the highest quality education. Your studies will include courses covering core economic principles and applications, and you'll learn about the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ of decision-making that economists deal with every day.
During your Graduate Certificate in Economic Studies program over half a year (or part-time equivalent), you'll gain an understanding of basic economic concepts in microeconomics, macroeconomics, statistics and mathematical techniques opening the possibility to undertake further study. It's also an ideal qualification for graduates seeking a career change or advancement.
- Discover new skills in a modern economics program that's engaging, interactive and always rewarding.
- Graduate with the abilities you need to succeed in a dynamic and increasingly competitive world.
- A self-paced, fully flexible program with options for online or on-campus study.
- Take advantage of the many resources available through UQ and its School of Economics to guide you through your studies.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, or
- to have completed post-secondary studies, plus 5 years of full-time equivalent work experience in business or economics, or
- 7 years of full-time equivalent work experience in business or economics.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
Applications on the basis of post-secondary study and/or work experience will be individually assessed.
Select where you studied and your qualification to see the GPA equivalent you need to be considered for this program.
Use the GPA equivalent as a guide. When you apply, we’ll calculate your GPA using the UQ grading scale. Any failing grades will be included. Entry requirements are subject to change.
- Course Code: 084718M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate Tourism, Hotel and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Development Practice at The University of Queensland