Bachelor of Science Architectural Technology
What is Architectural Technology?
Architectural Technology concentrates on the science of building. Architectural Technologists become specialists in preparing detailed drawings and specifications for building projects. They work closely with architects and other members of the design Team.
What is the BSc in Architectural Technology course?
This three-year course which enables students to become competent in preparing construction drawings and specifications for complex building types. There is a strong emphasis on environmental studies ensuring awareness of energy saving measures in detailing and construction throughout the course. Students are taught various computer software packages with an emphasis on the latest Building Information Modelling tools such as Autodesk Revit from first year. They explore various graphical presentation techniques, structures and construction systems as well as the principles guiding construction law and professional practice.
Unique Features of the Course:
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural technologist
- 1st Honours degree programme in Architectural Technology in Ireland
- Building Information Modelling taught throughout all year
- Strong International Links; Exchange programmes in France & Denmark
- International Staff and diversity of student intake
- Follow on honours degree programme
- Transfer onto the B. Arch. Programme
- Following the BSc. (H) programme students can progress onto masters courses or advanced entry on the B. Arch. Programme
- Wide choice of elective subjects from Languages to athletic performance with sports scholarship available
- Vibrant Architectural Student Society
- New city centre location
- Full time and part time options available
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD094
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science Information Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) Architecture at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Quantity Surveying at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Construction Management & Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering Electrical Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology