Master of Computing - Infocomm Security Specialisation
Robust and efficient digital infrastructure and systems are central to Singapore’s vision of becoming a Smart Nation. The ongoing digital revolution has transformed many areas of life in this techno-savvy island nation, from the growing popularity of E-Payments and the consolidation of data such as the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) to the development of the SingPass national digital identity for verified access to services and more.
With the advent of such a range and number of digital innovations, Infocomm Security has a key role to play in Singapore’s Smart Nation aspiration, to safeguard systems, protect data and preserve privacy. As more systems are developed and added to the network of digital ecosystems that are the backbone of the Smart Nation vision, efforts must be made to minimise and neutralise cyber threats.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Computing – Infocomm Security (MComp InfoSec) specialisation aims to train Information Technology (IT) professionals to focus on building and reinforcing the cyber defences of the digital technologies and innovations that drive Singapore’s Smart Nation initiative, regional digitalisation and global technological advancement.
Students in the MComp InfoSec programme will gain the skills and knowledge to evaluate and understand the technology and information security risks, as well as the technical know-how to respond to any gaps they may find. The programme curriculum includes topics to do with legal issues in information security, cryptography, biometric authentication and the Internet of Things (IoT).
By integrating a sound understanding of the fundamentals with good awareness of the latest developments in the field, the MComp InfoSec programme will empower its graduates to take their place at the frontlines of cybersecurity, able to design and implement robust systems to safeguard important data, and ready to respond to evolving threats.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably with Honours) in Computing, or
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours in a related discipline, or
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably with Honours) in a business-related discipline
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 90 (Internet-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score of 6.0.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) minimum scores of 320 (Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning) and 3.5 (Analytical Writing), or
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) minimum score of 650, or
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) scores for graduates from Indian universities.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 100 SGD