Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours)
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) is designed to provide a strong and practical foundation for research and professional employment. You will learn to:
- understand and apply advanced theories, concepts and techniques to recognise, and seek solutions for, scientific problems
- demonstrate and develop independence of thought and critical analysis
- contribute effectively to work and research groups
- communicate at a high level in both written and oral forms.
Choose one of three award titles, depending on the area of focus of your honours research project:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (Nutrition Science)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (Sport and Exercise Science)
The honours qualification opens a direct pathway into the Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy and enhances professional career progressions in a variety of areas.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Cardiac and Vascular Scientist
- Life scientist
- Medical Scientist
- Pathology Scientist
- Pharmaceutical representative
- Reproductive Technician
- Research officer
- Respiratory Scientist
- Scientific Recruitment Officer
- Sleep Scientist
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum academic requirements
- A completed recognized bachelor degree in a discipline within science, information technology, engineering, maths, agriculture or veterinary science or health and obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 on QUT's 7-point scale; and
- An application must be made within 18 months of completing the bachelor's degree.
Note: Admission requires a suitable project and supervisor availability. You must provide your proposed research topic and supervisor name with your application form.
- Course Code: 075798C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Data Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Mathematics at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Applied and Computational Mathematics) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Queensland University of Technology