Bachelor of Science (Honours) Health & Exercise Science
What is the BSc (Hons) in Health & Exercise Science?
The BSc (Hons) in Health and Exercise Science is a full-time, four year, honours degree course of study that can be chosen within the Exercise Sciences Common Entry Route. It is the successor programme of the BA (Hons) in Exercise and Health Studies. The BSc (Hons) in Health and Exercise Science combines the disciplines of exercise science and physical activity. The Health and Exercise Science programme will give graduates the knowledge and skills needed to assist the general population, distinct population groups and those with health problems as they engage in physical activity and structured exercise programmes.
The programme is built on a broad-based exercise science education in physiology, biomechanics, psychology, nutrition, physical activity, strength and conditioning and exercise programming.
At the end of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate physiological function, fitness, physical activity and well-being in a range of population groups including aged individuals and those with health problems
- Develop and lead exercise programmes for these specialist groups
- Apply psychological and behavioural change techniques to promote programme adherence and increase physical activity
- Devise, implement and evaluate initiatives to increase physical activity and participation, targeting a variety of population groups in a variety of settings
- Assist in distinguishing fact from fiction with reference to the fitness research literature
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD006 ESH
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology