Bachelor of Hospitality Management
The focus of “hospitality” is always on the guest and the associated services. In addition to the classic hotel sector, this includes the hospitality industry as well as adjacent industries, such as amusement parks, casinos or airlines, and service providers such as hospitality consulting or IT service providers. That means Hospitality Management covers a very wide field with countless, often cross-industry opportunities.
We prepare you for this challenging environment in the Hospitality Management degree programme with extensive knowledge – both from the hospitality industry as well as from the general management. After graduation you will be in demand worldwide, for example in the hotel industry, in holiday resorts and clubs, but also at congress and trade fair organisers, management consultancies and specialised hotel service providers. Our programme has a practical orientation, for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies. Most of our professors and lecturers have gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level and they want to pass this on.
IUBH Campus Studies Mülheimer Straße 38 53604 Bad Honnef
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The hospitality industry – one of the most important economic sectors in the world – offers a wide range of career opportunities in a highly dynamic occupational field. The high demand for qualified specialists and executives means equally high demands on the people who work in or want to work in this sector: Companies demand excellence. To achieve this excellence today it is no longer enough just to be a good host. Demands on leaders in hospitality management have increased significantly in recent decades. Extensive business administration and foreign language skills are just as important as, for example, a forward-looking approach to sustainability concepts.
In the “Career Opportunities in the Hospitality Industry” brochure, our graduates and professors talk about current trends, career opportunities and career paths and give you tips for career planning in the hospitality industry.
PSW is 1 Year
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- High School Diploma, or IB Diploma, or university entrance qualification or equivalent qualification* and transcript of records.
- *Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools and IB diplomas are recognised accordingly..
- If you have not graduated yet, you may apply with your existing transcript of records (incl. grades and credits, if applicable) for a conditional acceptance.
- Your final High School Diploma and Transcript of Records needs to be submitted in original or certified copy upon starting your studies.
English language skills
Since all of our study programmes are offered in English, a certification of your language skills is required (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or Cambridge).
- Academic IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL IBT 80 points
- PTE 56 points
- Duolingo 95 Points
- Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
- TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Application
If you have previous vocational training or experience, you might be able to shorten your degree with our Top-Up option.
IUBH Entrance examination
Depending on your grades and country of origin, an entrance examination may be required.
The entrance exam may be conducted remotely and consists of a written and an oral exam. The written part of the exam is computer-based and takes approximately 2.5 hours. It is composed of the following sections (1-3):
- General Knowledge: Multiple choice questions (30 minutes)
- Mathematics and Logic: Mental arithmetic, conversion exercise, math word problems, logic (60 minutes)
- English Grammar and Comprehension: English reading, “fill-in-the-blank“, grammar questions (60 minutes)
- English Oral Exam: Interview (15 minutes)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10200 EUR
Application Fee: N/A