Master of Education in Education Administration
The Master's of Education in Education Administration is 30 credits and the Education Specialist in Administration, Planning and Policy are 33 credits. For Massachusetts teachers, the degrees culminate in a two-semester practicum. The degrees are approved for principal licensure by the Massachusetts Department of Education for those candidates who work and are licensed in Massachusetts.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
There are specific requirements for admission to the M.Ed. and the Ed.S. in administration listed below. Once you have completed the admission cover sheet and submitted your fee, the other materials may be sent individually and will be added to your admissions file until it is complete. The file is not reviewed until it is complete; review takes about one to two weeks if materials are received during the semester.
- The cover sheet is completed electronically on the admissions website or may be submitted in hard copy.
- Admission statement in which the candidate clearly communicates a commitment to education as a student-centered enterprise demonstrates a record of strong professional practice, exhibits and an ability to lead professional learning, and details a strong rationale for entering a leadership program.
- Minimum of five years PK-12 professional experience PRIOR to admission
- Proof of Initial Teaching License or relevant professional support educator license
- Reference letter from the candidate's principal or other chief administrator attesting to the candidate's suitability for graduate study in administration.
- Reference letter from a teaching colleague who speaks to leadership potential.
- One other letter of reference attests to the candidate's potential for leadership
- Official transcripts
- Undergraduate and/or graduate GPA of 3.0 or better
- For Massachusetts teachers only: Proof of having passed the MTEL in Communications and Literacy
- For Massachusetts teachers only: Completed UMass Lowell Principal's Acknowledgment Form supporting: the need for the candidate to engage in field-based work during the practicum which may require him/her to gain release from the classroom on occasions; and the intensive practicum and willingness to facilitate, mentor and support the experiences in which the candidate must engage.
Statement of Purpose
In a separate document, submit a brief statement indicating your immediate and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, any teaching experience and/or research conducted/published that may be pertinent to your graduate program. Two pages recommended maximum.
Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide (names and email addresses) referees during the application process and an automated request will be sent out after the completion of your application.
Provide a complete and official transcript from the institution that awarded or will award you a bachelor’s degree. You may also include transcripts from other institutions at which you have taken relevant coursework. Please note that waiting for additional transcripts may delay review of your application.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD
- Master of Education in Reading & Language at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Education in Higher Education Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Initial Teacher Certification at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction: Science Education at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction: Applied Behavior Analysis and Education at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master's in Criminal Justice at University of Massachusetts Lowell