Postgraduate Certificate in Earthquake Engineering
Earthquake engineers design new buildings and infrastructure to withstand disasters, and assess the vulnerability of existing buildings and infrastructure, drawing from expertise in structural and geotechnical engineering.
The University of Auckland is internationally recognised for our strengths in these fields, putting us in the right position to deliver specialist professional capabilities to both New Zealand and internationally, where there are increasing population densities in seismic regions.
The PGCertEqEng provides an introduction to postgraduate study in this field — students will take a total of four taught courses that they can pursue further in masters-level study if they wish; it is a particularly good option for those with a civil engineering background who want a taste of postgraduate-level study without committing to it long-term.
This qualification also boasts options for part-time study, with classes offered outside of work hours and as block courses, so it is also suited to practising industry professionals who are intending to further their knowledge and career.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The PGCertEqEng is designed specifically as an entry pathway towards a Master of Earthquake Engineering degree, though advanced knowledge in earthquake engineering will boost your employability in a field with increasing need for expertise.
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE (Grade Point Equivalent) 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Robotics and Automation Engineering at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Robotics and Automation Engineering at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Operations Research and Analytics at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Architectural Project Management at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland