Master of Philosophy (Communication and Media Arts)
PhD and Research Masters
Transmission is our transdisciplinary HDR/Doctoral training programme
Transmission is a cutting-edge research network of PhD and Masters students who are exploring the future of the creative industries that sit at the intersection of Arts, Music, Media, Communication, Design, Science, Technology and Engineering.
Designed as a trans-disciplinary doctoral training network, ‘Transmission’ seeks to engage PhD and master’s students wanting to undertake research training as part of FASTlab, where real-world challenges faced by private, public and third sector partners will provide the research training context.
Transmission also presents an opportunity for industry to design research projects that can be worked on by PhD and Master’s students, who are supervised from within the School of Creative Industries in tandem with industry professionals.
Doctoral and Masters students work collaboratively with staff and colleagues doing practice based and traditional research together in their respective groups. All our research groups meet each other monthly at dedicated FASTLab workshops to share their work and hear from visiting researchers, practitioners and industry professionals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
SECTION 17 - ADMISSION - REQUIREMENTS
(1)To be considered for admission to the University, Higher Degree by Research applicants will be required to:
have met the relevant English language proficiency requirements as described in the English Proficiency Policy.
have satisfied the minimum academic requirements described in the relevant Award and Program Schedules;
have met any other additional admission requirements that may be prescribed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation);
be a minimum of 16 years of age at 1 March of the year of admission. Applicants under the age of 16 years may apply directly to the Vice-Chancellor for consideration.
(2) The Assistant Dean (Research Training) is authorised to prescribe additional admission requirements when considering an admission to candidature. This may include a requirement for the applicant to undertake an examination(s) or carry out such work as prescribed.
(3) The Assistant Dean (Research Training) is authorised to refuse admission to candidature when appropriate supervision and resources are not available. Whether appropriate supervision and resources are available will be determined by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) on recommendation from the School.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 032735G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Philosophy (Natural History Illustration) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Physical Geography) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Music) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Human Geography) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Fine Art) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Drama) at University of Newcastle