Speech and Language Processing MSc
This intensive programme offers an exciting opportunity to learn from world leaders in both informatics and linguistics.
Drawing from our cutting-edge research, the programme’s content covers all areas of speech and language processing, from phonetics, speech synthesis and speech recognition to natural language generation and machine translation.
This flexible programme provides research or vocational training and can be either freestanding or lead to PhD study.
The modular nature of the programme allows you to tailor it to your own interests.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme will provide you with the specialised skills you need to perform research or develop technology in speech and language processing.
It will also serve as a solid basis for doctoral study.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 degree, or its international equivalent, in linguistics, computer science, engineering, psychology, philosophy, mathematics or a related subject. Your application should show evidence of a basic understanding of linguistics, mathematics and computer science and you must be willing to undertake further study to prepare you for the programme.
You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Translation Studies MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies (Hispanic Studies) MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Russian MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Mind, Language and Embodied Cognition MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Linguistics MSc at The University of Edinburgh