Advanced Computer Science, MSc
The MSc in Advanced Computer Science gives you the depth of skills and knowledge needed to excel in the field, whether through further study, research or a rewarding career in computer science.
Our brand new £32.5m Computational Foundry lies at the heart of this course. Sophisticated teaching and research equipment include a Vision and Biometric Lab, a Maker Lab, a Theory Lab, a Cyber Security/Networking Lab, a User Lab and a Visualisation Suite.
Ideal if you are a Computer Science graduate or if you have relevant experience from a different first degree, this MSc provides a fresh level of detail with specialist modules.
You will choose modules from a diverse range of computer science subjects. These include artificial intelligence, cryptocurrencies and operation systems, big data and graphics processor programming.
Broad learning in year one is followed by a substantial project module in year two, putting you in a strong position when it comes to seeking employment.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A 2:2 honours degree (or above) in Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
- Bachelor: 60%; or
- CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or
- CGPA 6 (7 point system); or
- CGPA 3 (4 point system)
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A