Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
Psychology and exercise science share a common goal of assisting individuals and groups to optimise their functioning and performance, and the combined knowledge of these two disciplines will equip graduates of this double degree to provide high quality services to their clients. Exercise scientists working with clinical populations and high performance athletes will benefit from the knowledge and skills gained from many core topics within psychology, including motivation, emotion, individual differences, psychological disorders, and decision making.
ACU's undergraduate psychology programs help students to acquire knowledge, assimilate conceptual understandings and develop skills of application that are valuable to the enhancement of human functioning in a broad range of professional settings. Graduates of the Bachelor of Psychological Science will complete a sequence in psychology that is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC). This sequence will ensure graduates acquire an advanced understanding of human behaviour, as well as highly regarded employability skills, including:
- critical analysis and rational thinking;
- ethical decision making;
- scientific thinking and research capabilities;
- measurement and analysis of data;
- problem solving skills;
- written and verbal communication;
- interpersonal skills, including foundational counselling skills; and
- life-long learning skills.
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science progresses students from foundation knowledge, understanding and skills in human anatomy, physiology and the sub-disciplines of Exercise Science, into their application in movement, exercise and sporting contexts, such as exercise testing, prescription and delivery.Students are then progressed into authentic learning experiences in which they can integrate their evidence-based learnings and scope of practice in applied, industry-based settings.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Child welfare and development
- Community work
- Human resources
- Marketing and Market research
- Fourth year study in psychology to pursue a career in psychology, including sports psychology
- Government and non-government health, sport and recreation departments
- High performance sport organisations
- Sports institutes and academies
- Corporate fitness
- Exercise scientist
- Sports scientist
- Health and fitness consultant
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Sports coach
- Rehabilitation coach
- Performance analyst
- Fitness advisor
- Sports science manager
- Physical activity officer
- Allied health assistant
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
- 3 years PSW for Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands).
- Course Code: 098381E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)