Chinese and East Asian Religions and Cultures BA
This course is for September 2020 entry only.
This degree will allow you to become proficient in Chinese – a major world language – while giving you an insight into the broader religious and philosophical traditions of East Asia, their cultural and historical context.
China plays an important role on the global stage and is one of the world’s largest economies. This degree will enable you to become proficient in a major world language while gaining a broader understanding of the history and culture of China and East Asia as a whole. We teach Chinese from beginners’ level, but if you already have some knowledge of the subject we can normally accommodate you.
You’ll also have the opportunity to study Buddhism, Daoism, Shinto, Confucianism, different forms of folk religion as well as Christianity and Islam, using approaches from a wide range of disciplines. Optional modules allow you to focus on a wide range of topics that interest you, from Hindu traditions to religion and global development.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds