Chemistry, BSc (Hons)
A strong academic understanding of chemistry is key to a strong understanding of the world, and even the great cosmos beyond.
Chemistry is at the root of vital scientific discoveries and Swansea University is a driving force. Our department is currently working to deliver clean water and sanitation, as well as affordable clean energy in the developing world.
This activity impacts our teaching. You will benefit from a carefully designed and modern chemistry degree which has been developed in collaboration with industrial partners.
Studying chemistry at Swansea University gives you access to world-leading teaching and cutting edge facilities across a range of specialist fields. Our degrees provide the full breadth of skills and knowledge needed when it comes to securing employment. We have been ranked 3rd in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2020).
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A levels: ABB-BBB including Chemistry. If not studying A Level Maths, GCSE Maths Grade B (6) required.
- BTEC: DDD in Applied Science. Maths GCSE Grade B required.
- Access to Science: 24 Distinctions including all Maths and Chemistry modules and 15 Merits at Level 3.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Pass with 32 overall to include 5 in Higher Level Chemistry and Maths.
- Welsh Baccalaureate: Requirements are as for A levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core Grade
- For non-native English speaking applicants: IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Pure Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Philosophy, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) With a Year Abroad/ a Year In Industry at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Chemistry with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY