Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing Practice
The Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing Practice is a program for Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) that provides the IEN with the skills and knowledge required to meet the Canadian standards and language requirements in preparation of achieving nursing licensing. The program assists IEN’s in the preparation to write the NCLEX exam and completing the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)*. The program is based on the BC College of Nursing Professions (BCCNP) Practice Standards for Nurses and the BCCNP Entry-Level Competencies for Nurses. The program will focus on the development of knowledge, critical thinking and communication skills through engaging learning activities (i.e., laboratory, case studies, etc.). Completion of the Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing Practice does NOT guarantee passing grade for the NCLEX-RN exam.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
If your program was less than 8 months
- You aren’t eligible for a PGWP.
If your program was more than 8 months but less than 2 years
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.
For example, if you completed a 9-month program, we may give you a work permit for up to 9 months.
If your program was 2 years or more
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.
If you completed more than 1 program
- You may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program.
Each of the programs you completed -
- must be PGWP-eligible and at least 8 months in length
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to this diploma would be a bachelor’s degree.
For the English Language, Domestic Students need to have Grade 10 English or Successful Completion of English Language Proficiency Assessment Test conducted by College Authorities.
International Students will need to submit proof of English Language Competency by any one of the following options:
- IELTS 5.5 Bands or More
- CLB Score of 6 or more
- PTE Academic 50 or more
- Any other English language assessment test with an equivalent score
- Successful Completion of English Language Proficiency Assessment Test conducted by College Authorities
- Successful Completion of 24 week ESL Program at Western Community College
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year 03 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10000 CAD
Application Fee: 250 CAD