International Year One in Engineering
Your pathway to the second year of an engineering undergraduate degree
The programme includes academic modules, study skills and English language training, providing complete preparation for your undergraduate degree.
- For electrical engineering, you will study circuit analysis, physical principles of electrical and electronic systems, and transistors and the small-signal equivalent circuits.
- For mechanical engineering, you will study fundamental principles of mechanical engineering design, and how to apply the laws of thermodynamics to open and closed systems. You will also strengthen your mathematics and computation skills.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Skills for career success
At Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre, we will ensure you become familiar with the world of work. We know that graduate recruiters and top employers are looking for a specialist range of skills and we will help you develop these as part of your course.
To give you a head start, you will undertake a variety of CareerAhead activities to help you become a confident, professional, employable graduate. We will help you to work on skills to improve your employability, such as problem solving, communication and teamwork. You will also write a personal development plan, setting goals for your time at university.
You'll also have the opportunity to build up work experience by taking up part-time employment or a work placement during your studies. Find out more about working rights as part your visa.
Career support at Liverpool John Moores University
When you progress to Liverpool John Moores University you'll benefit from award-winning careers support, including world-class facilities, work placements for students, internships and expert business advice. All staff will help you get the most out of your degree at Liverpool John Moores University, and maximise your chance of success in the job market. This helps make our students successful.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Available to international and EU students
- Successful completion of High School Certificate at an average grade of 50%
- Successful completion of Standard 10 with 65% or Standard 10+1 with 55%
- Successful completion of SMU 2/Sikolah Menegah with a average of 7.0
- Successful completion of Kotogakko with a GPA of 2.0
- SPM school: Form 5, Term 2 or Mid-Year transcript - Grades of A- C achieved in 4 subjects to include English and Maths
- Form 5: Term 2 or Mid-Year transcript - Grades of A- C achieved in 4 subjects to include English and Maths
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Extended International Foundation Year in Engineering, Computing and Life Sciences at Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre - Study Group
- International Foundation Year in Engineering, Computing and Life Sciences at Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre - Study Group