Bioinformatics is about the application of computer-based approaches to understanding biological processes. Our programme will introduce you to the current methods used to interpret the vast amounts of data generated by modern high-throughput technologies.
The aim of this MSc is to equip you with a strong background in biology, plus the computing skills and knowledge necessary to navigate the vast wealth of modern biological data. On completing this programme you will be able to take up PhD studies or bioinformatics posts in academia or in industry.
The programme covers programming skills, statistical analysis and database science as well as bioinformatics.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in biological sciences. You must have a strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry or related sciences and some experience of computer science or mathematics.
We will also consider your application if you have a background in chemistry, physics, mathematics or engineering.
UK announces 2-year post-study work visa
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in biological or biomedical sciences, medicine, agriculture, or animal sciences, or a degree in mathematics, statistics, or physics from applicants intending to transfer into the biological sciences.
We will also consider your application if you have less than the minimum qualification but can show sufficient additional relevant experience such as significant work history in a related discipline.
Your application must show evidence of an interest in genetics alongside quantitative skills.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 09 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Applied Poultry Science PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science PgDip (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Medical Image Analysis PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics PgCert (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics PgDip (ICL) at The University of Edinburgh
- Anatomical Sciences PgDip at The University of Edinburgh