Postgraduate Certificate in Disaster Risk Management and Development
In just six months, you’ll begin to develop the knowledge and skills to reduce disaster risks, build community resilience, and manage disaster response and recovery.
AUT’s Postgraduate Certificate in Disaster Risk Management and Development aligns with global and national best practice, so graduates can tackle increasingly complex disaster risks, both now and in the future.
It may be right for you if you’re passionate about sustainable development, community resilience or humanitarian response. It could also be a good fit if you're considering a career in emergency and disaster risk management, or are already in the field and seeking a tertiary-level qualification.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
Completed one of the following; or equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant professional qualification or experience approved by the Dean (or representative) to be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- Submit evidence of ability to study at postgraduate level in this field
- Provide evidence of current professional practice
- May be required to complete relevant prerequisite papers as specified by the Board of Studies
- Course Code: AK1025
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in Disaster Risk Management and Development at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Accounting at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Studies at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)