Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design)
The Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design) offers an exploration of how, as humans, we communicate and organise information in visually accessible ways, and develop a well-rounded understanding of the theory and practice of communication design. The course investigates both a traditional print-based design perspective and one which covers web-based applications and new technologies.
The degree has a strong focus on visual communication in the global marketplace and how to design for both business and consumer audiences across different cultural contexts.
The degree aims to produce graduates with a thorough knowledge of typography, logotype design, layout, publication design, environmental graphics, packaging and digital design.
Graduates will employ innovative use of different visual and emerging media types across print, screen and packaging and develop effective design solutions for specific audiences. Graduates will also gain fluency in the visual vocabulary and technical skills relevant to visual communication design. Graduates will also acquire image-making expertise and the ability to develop visual design artefacts using a range of analogue and digital media.
The University of Canberra, in partnership with TAFE Queensland, offers a range of exciting courses in Brisbane (South Bank and Mt Gravatt).
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Honours enables all students to demonstrate to future employers their potential for independent, sustained research. The options to develop industry partnerships related to your project and engage in international professional experiences (through study-tours) further enhance the opportunities to refine work-ready skills. During Honours you will participate in an exciting research community of students and academics with access to the Faculty's research expertise, support and networking opportunities.
- Graduates at UC will provide with wide range of job opportunities in Australia. They prepare their student ready for the job as the market demand. Student can look up for jobs at UC TALENT OPPORTUNITIES or one can work as VOLUNTEER and INTERN at VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES.
UC have partnerships with various employers from various field including Nursing
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 102462K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) - 298JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Digital Media) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Arts) - ARB405 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Drama and Performance) - ARB404 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Contemporary Music Practice) - ARB403 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Applied Fashion) - ARB402 at University of Canberra