Master of Education (Learning and Leadership)
This course is for educators and learning and development professionals wishing to enhance their practice and future career opportunities. It focuses on innovating, leading, learning and research - all crucial to contemporary professional practice. It uses cutting-edge practice-based approaches that offer a high level of customisation. Students from diverse work backgrounds benefit from interaction with peers from a range of industry contexts, while focusing their work on issues relevant to them and their practice. The course is specifically designed to bring the latest in technology-enhanced teaching to busy professionals using a blended learning approach. Students are expected to be competent in computer technology and accessing online material. They must also be able to provide their own computer.
This course offers a high level of customisation. Students can tailor their course, learning outcomes and assessments to their own workplace practice and career development through the innovative Capability Wrap. The course builds on UTS's renowned Learning.Futures approach, specifically designed for busy professionals. The research-inspired teaching approach incorporates UTS: Education's strong international reputation for research in professional and workplace learning.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include positions in leadership; policy; educational, learning and development, and training positions in schools; VET providers; higher education; universities; the corporate sector; health services; government; community and non-governmental organisations; peak bodies; and professional associations.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- For applicants with a bachelor's degree, the degree must be in any ASCED Field of Education group (01 to 10). All applicants must have a minimum of two years' related professional work experience in the following ANZSCO groups: 01 Managers, 02 Professional, 03 Technicians and Trades Workers, 04 Community and Personal Service Workers, 05 Clerical and Administrative Workers, and 06 Sales Workers. Employment experience is assessed according to the response provided by applicants in the employment question on their application and CV.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 087992B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Genetic Counselling (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Learning Analytics (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Executive Master of Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Laws (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Legal Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)