Master of Theology (Research)
The Master of Theology (Research) is a higher degree by research that can be undertaken either by thesis or by coursework and thesis. It provides students with substantial background in Theology and preliminary research training with the opportunity to undertake a major piece of theological research in a specialised area.
Graduates will be able to demonstrate:
- advanced knowledge and skills in a theological discipline, which may include philosophy;
- the capacity to undertake successfully under supervision a major piece of theological or philosophical research.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in Theology (or equivalent) with Honours at a minimum level of Second Class Division A;
- >> a Master of Theological Studies with a distinction average or higher in THEL623 Theology Project C and THEL619 Introduction to Theological and Philosophical Research (or equivalent); and
>> a specialisation in one of the theological disciplines, or philosophy as it relates to theology.
Meeting the requirements for admission is not in itself a guarantee of admission. The candidate’s potential to undertake research, the quality and feasibility of the research proposal, the availability of appropriate supervision and the referee’s reports will all be taken into consideration.
English language requirement
- An applicant seeking admission on the basis of a qualification undertaken in a language other than English must satisfy the English language proficiency requirements set by the University. This is an overall academic IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all tests).
- Course Code: 074592C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A