B.A. Honors Russian (JH)
Do you enjoy it…
- Discovering a culture through its literature and language?
- Getting to know people and places?
- Exploring and engaging with cultural, linguistic, social and political diversity in the world?
Why study Russian?
Russian is the first language of nearly 150 million people; it is spoken by more than 260 million people around the world and is one of Europe’s most important languages. Russia is a significant force in present-day geopolitics and a major player in the global economy, with ties both to Europe and to Asia, and beyond. Russian writers, musicians and artists have made a considerable contribution to European culture; Russian history has helped shape Europe as we know it today: Exploring Russia’s past and present helps understand the interaction between Europe’s eastern and western traditions.
Russian: The course for you?
You will find the Russian programme exciting and rewarding if you enjoy language study, are interested in unfamiliar cultures, have a sense of adventure and are not afraid of a challenge.
Russian at Trinity
Trinity is the only university in Ireland where you have the opportunity to study Russian to degree level. The scale of the Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies is such that we are able to give students a considerable amount of individual attention and support, and students are able to tailor the programme to develop their particular interests and skills, and to bridge the gaps between the study of Russian and the student’s other area(s) of study.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR