Bachelor of Maori Development - Maori Media
Study Maori media with us and gain insight into the fast-paced media industry, as well as a sound understanding of te reo me nga Tikanga Maori.
The introduction of a Maori television channel has opened many doors for people interested in Maori media. A strong foundation in te Reo Maori and basic Tikanga is highly valued in this field – regardless of ethnicity. That’s why graduates of AUT’s Maori Media major have an edge in the competitive media industry.
You learn to apply a Maori world view to the media and could build web applications, make films or design interactive multimedia from a bicultural perspective. We’re proud of our innovative and supportive learning environment.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Government and local authorities
- Marketing and sales
- Multimedia development
- Production and filming (sound, lighting, producing, directing, scripting, editing)
- Public relations
- Te reo/cultural advisor
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Useful school subjects
All subjects are useful, in particular Classical Studies, English, Geography, History, History of Art, Media Studies, and other languages.
- One year of successful study towards an undergraduate degree at a recognized institute.
- Higher Secondary School Exam or All-India Senior School certificate with an average of 75% in the four best subjects, with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Bachelor degree with upper second division.
- GCE A levels with a minimum of three A-level grades, with one grade being at least ‘C’ or higher. A result in General Studies cannot be included.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with successful completion of a minimum of 24 points.
- Cambridge International Examination - a minimum of 120 points on the UCAS Tariff* at A or AS level from any subjects which are broadly equivalent to the subjects in the NCEA approved subject list. Must include at least three subjects (excluding Thinking Skills) with grades D or above. Numeracy: A minimum grade of D in International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics or any mathematics subject at AS or A level. Literacy: A minimum grade of E in English Language and/or English Literature subject at AS or A level.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels including at least one C grade or better. A result in General Studies cannot be included among the 3 on which the application is based.
- Course Code: AK3453
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Design at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Communication Studies at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Visual Arts at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)