Bachelor of Technology (Renewable Energy Systems)
Renewable energy technologies are evolving rapidly. They include geothermal heat sources, carbon capture and storage, mineral sequestration, photovoltaics, polymer cells, oxyfuel technologies, and wind turbines. There is international demand for renewable energy technology and specialist engineering professionals with related skills in energy technical expertise as well as safety regulations. In Australia, growth in demand for engineers and technicians in the renewable energy sector is predicted to triple between 2008 and 2020.
This pathway program will allow you to build on the knowledge gained from your TAFE Associate Degree of Engineering (Renewable Energy Technologies), and finish with a bachelor degree after one year of university study. You will develop the business and technical skills required for a career as a renewable energy professional. We will help you develop an informed, critical-thinking approach to seeking solutions to renewable energy issues. You’ll learn how to design, develop, install, commission, maintain, repair or decommission renewable/sustainable energy technologies, and coordinate with energy, technical and safety regulations.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Engineers and technologists in the field of renewable energy work on a variety of technologies and their integration into systems. These include technologies such as solar, wind and geothermal energy, biofuels and hydropower. Engineers and technologists research and develop creative ways to transform renewable energy into usable power. They are vital in the design of these sustainable technologies as well a their implementation.
You could work for an energy company, a consultancy, a renewable energy equipment manufacturer, a research and development organisation or a government department.
Typical positions include:
- wind energy technician
- energy consultant or advisor
- solar energy systems designer
- thermal energy systems manager
- renewable energy project officer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088615G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Business at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle