Embedded Systems (M.Sc.)
The M.Sc. programme 'Embedded Systems' allows students a great amount of freedom and flexibility in selecting modules and course content. A number of research projects being carried out at Saarland University in collaboration with major IT companies provide opportunities for students to gain valuable insight into industrial processes while still studying at university. The excellent staff-student ratios and the first-rate technical infrastructure mean that students on the Saarland University M.Sc. programme study quickly and efficiently. The computer science and informatics department at Saarland University has numerous international partnerships and cooperative agreements that allow students to incorporate a study-abroad semester seamlessly into their Master's study programme.
Students who have graduated from either of the Bachelor's degree programmes 'Embedded Systems' or 'Computer and Communications Engineering' at Saarland University are automatically admitted to the Master's programme and can enrol directly at the university. All other applicants will need to apply for admission to the programme.
The M.Sc. programme 'Embedded Systems' requires students to accumulate a total of 120 ECTS credits (120 CP). Typically, students should aim to acquire 30 credits per semester.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates from the M.Sc. programme 'Embedded Systems' can take up positions in industrial or academic research and development in the domestic or international markets.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Students seeking admission to the M.Sc. programme 'Embedded Systems' will need to fulfil the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from a German university or an equivalent qualification from a foreign university in one of the following subject areas: engineering informatics, embedded systems, informatics or computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics or a related discipline.
- Proof of advanced proficiency in English (typically level C1 of the Common European Framework)
- Proof of subject-specific knowledge and skills corresponding to those taught in the Bachelor's degree programme in embedded systems at Saarland University. Specifically, this requires applicants to show that they have the necessary level of expertise in the following areas:
1) Mathematics (discrete mathematics, real analysis and multivariable calculus, linear algebra, numerical methods, stochastics)
2) Informatics (functional and object-oriented programming, software development methods, formal methods)
3) Engineering (electrical engineering, embedded systems, signal processing, systems theory and information theory)
- Evidence of the applicant's particular interest in the subject in the form of a personal statement written by the applicant and two letters of recommendation written by referees who know the applicant academically.
Cambridge English Certificates. Any of the following, depending on the higher education institution’s requirement:
- B1 Preliminary (rarely).
- B2 First.
- C1 Advanced.
- C2 Proficiency.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9600 EUR
Application Fee: N/A