This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood and Primary Education
With this specialisation, you’ll be helping children achieve the best possible start in life – setting them up with the lifelong skills and experiences they need to flourish.
What you’ll be qualified for
Your qualification will be a Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood and Primary Education. You’ll be able to teach infants and children from birth to 12 years of age in childcare, kindergartens, preschools and primary schools.
What you’ll be learning
At the early childhood level you’ll learn how to develop children’s creative, physical, personal, intellectual and social capabilities – engaging them through a range of innovative strategies.
By studying contemporary child development, psychology, and the social and cultural context of education, you’ll have a solid foundation for understanding holistic and play-based learning.
While at the primary level, you'll develop your knowledge of cross curriculum priorities and the curriculum areas you will teach such as: English and literacies, mathematics and numeracy, arts education, humanities, science, digital technologies, and health and physical education.
With at least 90 days of professional teaching practice in early childhood centres, kindergartens, preschools and primary schools, you’ll have a chance to put theory into practice and start your journey as an inspiring and future forward educator.
Peninsula campus is Monash University's third largest campus. It is about 40km south of Melbourne and has around 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Demand is always strong for highly qualified and skilled graduates. And with this dual-sector qualification, you’ll have a number of options across a range of early childhood, primary school and community settings.
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 per cent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year 03 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (honours) and Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Criminology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at Monash University