Diploma of Communication
- Direct entry to the 2nd year of the Bachelor of Communication (majors in Advertising, Digital Media, Journalism, Public Relations)
- Supportive learning environment provides the best possible preparation for Deakin University
- Study on a Deakin University campus with full access to accommodation, support services
This diploma offers a wide range of unit choices leading to the second year of the relevant Deakin University degree. Areas of study include advertising, communications, journalism, digital media and public relations.
Employment and career options upon completing your Bachelor degree:
Advertising agency roles
Copywriting and art direction
Media policy and management
Media business-oriented consulting
‘In house’ brand communications
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin University’s busiest campus, with around 26,000 students and 1500 staff. Here you can enjoy all the wonderful benefits of Melbourne’s thriving metropolis while studying amongst leafy green parklands. Located approximately 16 kilometres from the city centre the campus boasts architecturally designed buildings and state of the art teaching facilities. The campus offers many study and break out areas for socialising and downtime. The campus also boats many sporting facilities, cafes and an impressive library. Deakin College classes are taught in a purpose-built centre right in the heart of the campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Deakin is among the top-performing Australian universities for overall employment outcomes. This includes having the best employment rate in the Australian State of Victoria for bachelor’s degree graduates.
- DeakinTALENT talent is dedicated to getting your career ready and has a number of special programs in place that are aimed specifically at international students.
- DeakinTALENT is ready to work with you from day one of your Deakin degree to help prepare you to pursue the career you want, and also to help you find part-time work while you study.
- No Post Study Work Visa for Courses less than 2 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry into the relevant Bachelor degree*
completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma units;
a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 50%, taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College.
* Does not apply for entry into:
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Laws
Where the following criteria applies:
completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma of Commerce units
a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 70% (distinction average), taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College
overall IELTS score of 7 with minimum band scores of 6.5
Note: Please take into consideration the intakes of the desired destination course.
Entry to Diploma courses requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent.Specific academic entry requirements are listed below. Students with qualifications that are not listed should forward their application and academic results to Deakin College for assessment.
Note: Diploma of Engineering requires a pre-requisite subject of mathematics (Year 12 or equivalent)
Completion of the All India Senior School Certificate or State Board with an overall 58% aggregate
Cambridge: English Advanced (CAE)
CAE1 Level C1
Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI)
6.0 (with no band score below 5.5)
Pearsons Test of English Academic (PTE)
TOEFL Computer Based
TOEFL Paper Based
65 – Writing 19, Speaking 16, Listening and Reading 10
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Grade 5 in English
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A