Adult Nursing (Swansea), BSc (Hons)
Our internationally recognised Adult Nursing degree course will give you the skills and experience to launch a rewarding career in this diverse and essential profession.
Over the course of this carefully-integrated, three year BSc programme, you will learn about the holistic needs of people from early adulthood until old age and develop the professional skills to provide high quality nursing care in in a range of clinical and community settings.
As you progress, you will develop the skills to assess, plan, deliver, and evaluate evidence-based care to promote the health and wellbeing of adults with acute and chronic conditions.
Half of your teaching takes place in the university and the other half in healthcare settings. We have excellent working relationships with many healthcare providers, so you will have access to a wide range of clinical experiences across south west Wales. These include placements in the NHS and independent sector in hospitals and community settings.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Typical A-level Offer
Minimum BBB at A level. Health or science-related courses are desirable.
Typical Access to HE Offer
24 Distinctions, 18 Merits, 3 Passes
Typical BTEC Offer
Typical Welsh BACC Offer
B and BB at A level or DD at BTEC
Irish Leaving Certificate
A minimum of five grade A-C GCSE passes including Welsh/English language, Maths and a Physical Science or Double Award Science are required.
In certain circumstances Key Skills Level 2 in Application of Number will be accepted in lieu of GCSE Mathematics and Key Skills Level 2 in Communication will be accepted in lieu of GCSE Welsh/English Language, if undertaken since September 2015.
You will also need to demonstrate:
- A strong educational profile in the previous three to five years
- A detailed understanding of and commitment to Adult Nursing
- Care experience is helpful but not essential
- You will be expected to participate in group discussions, teamwork and individual tasks during interviews
There is no advantage in applying to both Swansea and Carmarthen and we advise only applying to your preferred location.
If you are offered a place you will also need:
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, or approved equivalent
- An Occupational Health Check
You should also familiarise yourself with the NHS Wales Values and Standards of Behaviour.
If you are an international student:
Please ensure you have an IELTS score of 7.0 with 7.0 in all components before starting the programme (this is an NMC requirement). You will only be interviewed if you already have an IELTS score of 6.5 overall and in each component.
Application and interview
You will need to have a satisfactory educational reference and if your application is successful, you will be offered an interview, video calls may also be considered. If you are successful at interview we will need a police check/DBS equivalent from your home country and a health declaration within six months of your proposed start date. Further details will be sent if you receive an offer.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Pure Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Philosophy, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) With a Year Abroad/ a Year In Industry at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Chemistry with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY