Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Mathematics
At UON we train engineers capable of solving the greatest global challenges. As an electrical engineer you can help develop precision agriculture technology to increase food production efficiency, refine aircraft electrical systems and even build smart grid systems to help manage alternative energy resources. Or, like our team of researchers, you could develop medical technology such as the artificial pancreas.
What is electrical engineering? Electrical engineering involves fields such as electronics, computer systems, telecommunications, bioengineering, control, robotics and electrical power engineering. Electrical engineers design and build systems and machines that generate, transmit, measure, control and use electrical energy essential to modern life.
Why combine engineering with mathematics? Complete these two bachelor degrees in just five years – deepen your technical skills with advanced maths courses. Mathematics is fundamental to break-through engineering and can open up new, complimentary fields like data mining, mathematical modelling, statistics and predictive analysis.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Electrical engineers are employed in utilities, industry, manufacturing, consulting services and electronic design and development. Graduates might focus on electronics engineering. They could specialise in automation and control engineering, or they may work in robotic engineering or power generation and distribution. Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
Electrical engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- telecommunications equipment designer
- electrical design engineer
- automatic systems designer
- robotics engineer
- biomedical instrumentation designer
- renewable energy systems engineer
Remarkably, engineering is the most commonly held degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs – the CEOs of companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088931G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Business at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle