Human Anatomy MSc
Our anatomy course will give you a deep and thorough understanding of human, clinical, functional, and applied anatomy.
By carrying out full-body dissection on Thiel embalmed cadavers, you will gain an in-depth understanding of human anatomy. These cadavers are soft-fix, which means they retain real-life qualities, including color, tissue quality, and flexibility. This makes dissection easier, functional, and much more realistic.
Practical anatomical techniques that you'll carry out include:
- developing an innovative student online learning resource
- cutting, staining and mounting a good quality histology slide
- producing a sheet plastinated specimen
- learning how to embalm
You will also learn about other anatomical sciences such as embryology and neuroanatomy. You can combine your interest in anatomy with other skills such as anatomical preservation techniques, biomechanics, or your learning and teaching practice.
You will have access to our flexible teaching space, our anatomy museum, and a range of online resources, some of which were produced by our own students.
The main campus of the university is located in Dundee's West End which contains many of the university's teaching and research facilities; the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Dundee Law School and the Dundee Dental Hospital and School.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The University of Dundee Careers Service is a team of trained and dedicated professionals who are here to help and support the career development of all our students, graduates and staff. Careers Service exists to empower individuals to develop their potential and take confident informed steps towards their future.
All Careers Service appointments and Quick Queries are currently being delivered online.
- We have several resources available for you depending on the nature of your query.
- For quick careers related question you can book a 15 min Quick Query appointment through the Careers Portal. Log in with your university username and password.
- For review of CVs or applications email us through the Ask a Question tab in the Careers Portal. For information on CVs, applications and job interviews
- You can book a longer 30 minute online appointment with an Adviser through the Careers Portal.
Explore career ideas, opportunities with your degree, further study and international options
Develop your employability skills, CV/cover letter and application form writing, networking and interview skills
Connect with employers, job and internship opportunities, volunteering options and your Careers Service
Ask a Careers Adviser
Find out how to book an appointment, drop-in to speak to a careers adviser and get advice online
Develop your skills, get recognition and communicate your achievements – get involved with our skills award programmes
Careers During Covid Times
Proactive and productive ways to help boost your employability during Covid-times
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course completing (Bachelors level or above)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s degree with 55% or above considered from University of Delhi, University of Mumbai, University of Calcutta, IITs and IIMs (considered equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree)
Bachelor’s degree with 60% or above required from other institutions (considered equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree)
A Bachelor’s degree with 50% or above may be considered comparable to a UK 2.2 degree.
Law applicants from other well-ranked institutions may be considered with 55% or above
The normal entry requirement is a four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in a discipline that provides a suitable basis for the course, e.g. biomedical, electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering, physics, or mathematics. Students with other academic backgrounds or exceptional work experience in the chosen field should contact the Course Director to make further inquiries and to discuss their individual cases.
English language requirements
- IELTS (overall) 6.0
- Reading 5.5
- Listening 5.5
- Speaking 5.5
- Writing 5.5
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Educational Psychology MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability: Climate Change and the Green Economy MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and Water Security MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and the Just Transition to a Low Carbon Economy MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and Renewables MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and Environmental Modelling MSc at University of Dundee