PhD in Sociology
The program is heavily grounded in research methodology and students engage in detailed study of theory, methodology and statistics as well as their own individual areas of focus. Doctoral students will find a community of scholars and numerous opportunities to work collaboratively with each other and with faculty through conference presentations, journal articles and fieldwork.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- MA degree in sociology, or closely related field, from a nationally accredited college or university or its international equivalent. The review committee will consider applicants with degrees in other disciplines. Students who do not hold an MA in sociology complete requirements for the MA degree in Applied Sociology (36 credits) en route to the Ph.D.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.25 and graduate GPA of 3.5 (within the past seven years).
- GRE Scores within 5 years.*
- Official transcripts from all schools attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons with whom applicant has significant academic and/or professional contact.
- Academic writing sample.
- Personal statement of no more than 1500 words addressing specific interest in a PhD in sociology and rationale for pursuing the PhD; current major research interests in the field of sociology; and description of professional post PhD goals.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD