Bachelor of Health and Medical Science (Honours)
Undertake an additional year of study across a wide range of health and medical science disciplines through the Bachelor of Health and Medical Science (Honours) degree. You will extend your knowledge and investigative skills in health and medicine and conduct an independent research project in your chosen area of interest. You can choose to go on to a career in research or take your practical expertise to the workplace.
Do you want a competitive advantage in your career or to make a valuable impact on health or medical science research?
This honors program involves an additional year of study across a wide range of health and medical science disciplines for students with an undergraduate background in the area. You will develop your knowledge and investigative skills in health and medicine, building on your previous learning and experience in your chosen area.
Alongside engaging coursework and studies in research methodology, you will pursue an independent investigative research project, with supervision available from researchers who have expertise across health and medicine.
You will become highly sought after in roles across academia, private and government industries in a variety of areas such as biological sciences and clinical research.
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
At Deakin’s Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, you are surrounded by expansive grounds and impressive new buildings. It offers state-of-the-art engineering, medical and sport facilities, as well as some of the most advanced research spaces in the world. The campus also features incredible sporting facilities, including Deakin’s Elite Sport Precinct, which includes an Australian rules football oval, FIFA-grade soccer pitch, athletics track, basketball courts, and more.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This honors year will prepare you for a career in medical research, as well as acting as a pathway to further study such as a master’s or Ph.D. program.
As a graduate, you will be highly sought after for academic, private, and government roles in a variety of areas such as biological sciences and clinical research.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Attainment of Bachelor Degree or major in a related discipline with a WAM of at least 65 in all level 3 and level 4 units (for Deakin awards) or final year units (for awards from other providers),
- Other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent,
- Doctor of Medicine (H911) students who do not meet these criteria will require a minimum GAMSAT score of 60 and have successfully completed a minimum of 8 credit points of the Doctor of Medicine.
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 075601K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Marine Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Forensic Science/Bachelor of Criminology at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Deakin University