Master of International Community Development
Become a leader in social change, human rights and sustainable development at a global or local level, with the Master of International Community Development.
This unique, popular program offers you a personalised education. It includes practical on-site learning and deep engagement with communities and experts in the field. The perfect mix of study and practical experience will have you job-ready for a fulfilling career.
Key study areas include:
- critical consciousness and ethics of development
- community development project design and management
- participatory research and evaluation
- globalisation and social movements
- leadership in community development
- impacts of Trump and Brexit on governance of international organisations
- conflict resolution and peace-building.
- We're one of the few universities in Australia that offers regional and contextual studies (e.g. on Latin America, Africa and Asia)
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates find work in many related areas, including international humanitarian and development aid.
- international and regional consultant in human rights, gender, poverty reduction and project evaluation
- project manager with international, government and local organisations such as Australian Red Cross, Save the Children, Asylum Seekers Resources Centre
- leaders and advisers in government
- community development educator and trainer
- academic and researcher.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Course Code: 083312G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A