Food, Nutrition, and Health Transfer
The Diploma in Food, Nutrition, and Health Transfer is a limited enrolment program, developed in collaboration with UBC. Graduates of this program will receive acceptance to the Land and Food Systems Faculty and be eligible to apply to the 3rd year of the dietetics degree program. The diploma provides the first two years of Arts and Sciences prerequisite courses for the Dietetics Major at UBC, and completing this diploma may improve a student’s chances for admission.
The Diploma in Food, Nutrition, and Health Transfer Program has rigorous admission criteria. To remain in this program students have 4 years to complete the required curriculum, and must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. The application criteria include a resume, showing Canadian work and/or volunteer experience that demonstrates commitment to dietetics as a career choice. This mirrors the requirements to UBC’s dietetic program, and can include:
- involvement in activities related to food and nutrition;
- experience in institutional foodservices and/or in a health care environment;
- activities involving direct exposure to and interaction with dietitians; and
- certificates related to food and nutrition.
Those students who are unable to maintain the cumulative GPA of 3.0, or are unable to complete the diploma requirements in 4 years, will not be able to continue in the Diploma in Food, Nutrition, and Health Transfer Program. Instead, they have the option of transferring to the Associate of Science in Food and Nutrition Program or the Diploma in Nutrition and Food Service Management Program.
Please note, admission to the Dietetics Major is competitive and admission is not guaranteed. While students who complete the Diploma in Food, Nutrition, and Health Transfer receive automatic acceptance to the Land and Food Systems Faculty at UBC, and this places them in a better situation, there is still an application process for one of the limited number of seats at UBC.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Langara offers a team-based, collaborative, and collegial work environment with opportunities for continued professional development. Please visit our People and Culture website to learn more.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who will contribute to this diversity, including members of visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and peoples with disabilities.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent, or be 19 years of age.
One of the following:
- Successful completion of English Studies 12 or equivalent (see note);
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit;
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2;
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24;
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher;
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing;
- IELTS 6.5;
- Duolingo English Test with a score of 110 (Fall Semester 2020, Spring Semester 2021, and Summer Semester 2021 intakes only);
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60;
- Successful completion of LEAP Level 8;
- ELA (English Language Assessment) 145 offered by Vancouver Community College (VCC);
- Successful completion of VCC English 099; or
- Successful completion of at least four years of full-time studies in English in a country where English is the principal language.
- Applicants who have completed 24 credits or more of post-secondary study must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.33 or higher.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10000 CAD
Application Fee: 155 CAD