Graduate Diploma of Communication
Deakin’s Graduate Diploma of Communication offers a distinctive interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary mix of specializations in Digital Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Television Production, and Visual Communication Design. You can choose from a wide range of units that suit your particular interests to gain professional knowledge in media and cognate disciplines and further enhance your research, analytical, and communication skills.
The Graduate Diploma of Communication, which will also give you credits towards Deakin’s Master of Communication, uses a flexible approach to skill-building to provide you with a competitive edge in a rapidly evolving job market.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry will be based on performance in:
- a Bachelor Degree in any discipline OR
- a Graduate Certificate in any discipline OR
- at least two years of relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent)
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 084026F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma of Writing and Literature at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Sustainable Regional Development at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Creative Arts at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Film and Television at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Film and Television at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Arts at Deakin University