European Law LLM
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of EU law is now more essential than ever for anyone considering a career in law, business, politics or policy within the UK, EU or beyond.
EU law is a complex and fascinating subject that weighs ever more heavily on policymaking in the UK, Europe and internationally. This programme is designed to equip you with the knowledge and understanding of European law required for any future legal career.
The negotiations on the UK’s departure from the EU will raise complex questions, with a possible special status for Scotland (or even renewed calls for independence) adding a further layer of complexity. Even after a so-called Brexit, EU law will remain relevant to lawyers in the UK not only when they are dealing with pre-Brexit questions, but also because any future EU-UK relationship is likely to be heavily influenced by it. Against that background, the importance of advanced knowledge in EU law to employment in the public and private sectors will only increase.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
xThe LLM in European Law is not only for law graduates who plan to develop a career in the field of EU law, but also for law students or practising lawyers looking to gain a competitive edge in the employment market more generally within law, business or policymaking. Many graduates develop dynamic careers working in Brussels, home of the European Commission.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
We will also consider candidates with a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent,in a social science subject.
Supporting Your Application
Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Inclusive Education MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Research MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh