Bachelor of Urban Development (Honours) (Urban and Regional Planning) / Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science)
- New double degree now available for mid-year entry
- Combines strengths in Urban and Regional Planning with Environmental Science, addressing industry needs
- Develop highly relevant skills to design and plan large-scale projects, ensuring the balance of usability and liveability with sustainable land management.
- Study community planning, creative design, environmental management, geography, infrastructure provisions, spatial science.
- Graduates work in urban design, transport planning, development assessment, open space and recreational planning, environmental protection, and social and economic development.
Why choose this course?
We rely on our natural environment to sustain our lives and our lifestyles. We continually need to improve our understanding and management of the natural environment to balance our development with wise management while minimising impacts and degradation.
QUT is recognised for combining community involvement with design and implementation skills, which are based on links with environmental planning and management, property economics, architecture and landscape architecture.
You will work on inclusive community planning, integrated infrastructure provision, creative design, and practical problem-solving projects run in collaboration with partners in local and state government, developers and local community groups.
An understanding of the mechanisms controlling environmental systems provides the skills required to undertake a great range of scientific environmental planning and management, and tackle problems such as local water quality and ecosystem impacts, soil erosion, catchment and groundwater use, or adaptation to global climate change.
You will experience some of the most advanced laboratories and field work opportunities in Australia and be taught by staff who are at the top of their fields internationally. You will also stay in touch with the real world, as guest lectures, site visits and opportunities for work integrated learning bring a strong industry flavour to the degree.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Coastal scientist
- Environmental scientist
- Environmental manager
- Natural resource scientist
- Urban designer
- Urban and regional planner
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
For More Information Pls Contact To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 0102144
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Communication (Media and Communication Industries) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Design (Fashion) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts) at Queensland University of Technology